Wednesday 2 July 2014

Perspective

So I have to confess that I embraced 'the song' yesterday. At 08:30 we had a rendition in the Morning Devotion which I have a video of for those interested! But then later in the day my excursion took us to Snow Mountain. There are lots of lovely things to say about Snow Mountain and my coach buddy who was equally passionate about liberal politics and inclusion. But there is really only one picture to show you.


Yes that's me the tall first Y

In perspective I am a little distant from the rest. The challenge I keep on contemplating at this World Council is just that. What do I need to do to move closer and to really build relationships that can help build YMCA England?

Already I know I need to listen more. I know I have to discover more about people to learn from them. I know that my perspective on the world changes when I get closer to strangers. Didn't Jesus say something about that????

No comments:

Post a Comment