Friday 4 July 2014

Horses for courses...


It's been a few days since I last blogged - and truth be told - it's because I didn't quite know how to capture the feelings I've had since then.

On Tuesday I had one of the best experiences I've ever had and it was probably one of the best days also. 

When I found out I could attend the World Council I chose to go horse riding for the excursion. Now I should add here that I'm not the greatest fan of horses, as they're pretty massive and let's be honest I could die!!

However the reason I chose it and as we're in the States its probably only appropriate to quote First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt who said that you should "do one thing every day that scares you." 

So when I saw horse riding as an option I couldn't help but think what better opportunity to challenge myself to do something I wasn't familiar with. 

Now there's not many moments when you get to overcome something you are particarly scared of and doing it whilst surrounded by friends and laughing the whole time. But that's exactly what happened for me on Tuesday. 

I genuinely don't think I could have come away with a better experience and the whole day just followed on from there. Swimming with the guys, then off to town to celebrate Jayson's birthday (sombreros in hand), hearing Cowboy Brad slam the state of Georgia and then coming home and winning the doubles world beer pong championship with Robbie. 

I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard and did so for such a long time, but that's what Tuesday was for me. It was pretty much the perfect day...with the perfect people.

No comments:

Post a Comment