Friday 4 July 2014

I Now Know Who I Am

Space, Transformation, Impact. Thats is the new movement that the YMCA are now using to promote youth empowerment. I am proud to say that although i am not quite there yet, i am on the road to being an empowered youth.

In my group session we were asked if we knew any stubborn people and how they have been transformed. I have met many stubborn people in my short time and i have never really seen them change, i didn't really understand the term "Transformation", but then i realised that when you see that glimmer of hope that they can change their bad ways, you help them along the right path because transformation isn't something you do because its easy and it isn't even a physical transformation. Transformation is making the choice to try.

I used to be so closed minded in regards to the world but now i see that we are all different but how, in the most important way, we are the same. The world used to be one landmass called Pangea. There were no continents, no countries and no separation, we were all one. We were asked in my group what our vision was for the future and mine was that one day we can live in Pangea. The world may be physically separated but we will all be connected and our hearts will beat as one. Equality will be second nature and diversity will be life. EVERYONE will have a voice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment