Wednesday 2 July 2014

Experience Overload!!! But Complain I Won't

Tuesday the 1st of July will be a day that i will never forget. This day will be one that has been firmly etched into my mind. When people talk about the best day of their life i never understood what it meant but now i think i have a pretty good idea.

My first experience of today was meeting my amazing group who was just group 29 before i had arrived but now they are a group of people that i will never forget. GO TEAM PHOENIX!!!

After this i had the pleasure of being a part of the World Council YMCA group photo and never actually realised how many people there actually were at this event.

Shortly after i attended my excursion, a tour around the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. This resulted in me not only seeing creatures that i have only heard about but also helping me to reach new heights, literally, as the tour had taken us 12,005 ft above sea level to a place described by our tour guide as heart attack hill, that ones on the oldies :)

I have even learned why estes park was named, this was because a man named Joel Estes came here, despite the inaccessibility, to herd his cattle. He stayed for 5 years and then left. He was nothing special but he was an early settler and so he became the namesake. Bit of history there for you, tell your friends :)

Next thing to come was the Native American Dancers who showed us the rituals and traditions that were passed down fro generation to generation and how those dances came to be. The highlight of this however was that at the end, the audience was invited to dance along with them in what they call, the Circle Dance. Although it wasnt as difficult or complex as the other dances, it was an honour that will always be with me as how many people can say that they were asked to dance with the very first tribes to live in the USA. 

When i reflect on today i can say that wihout a doubt that i understand what people talk about when they say "Best day of my life". This has been an experience like no other and i cant wait to see how many wonders the future of not just the YMCA, but of the rest of my life have to hold.
                          Perfect end to a perfect day :)

2 comments:

  1. Potential...We talk about it all the time through YMCA talks and just in general, this Wesley is a shining definition of POTENTIAL! Blessed I am to read it and grateful to be sharing it with you.

    Keep at it!!!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes,I say it again, this is another post that has really touched me deeply. With your attitude and approach to everything seems to suggest you have an incredible future before. I feel privileged to have you in the English Delegation, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete