Thursday 3 July 2014

From Bogota to Australia


One of the many reasons why I love working for the YMCA and attending conferences, festivals is the opportunity to meet so many diverse and amazing people. Last night I was sharing YMCA stories with people from Australia, Bombay, Korea and Colombia. It was so interesting to hear where they are based and what they offer for their communities. Also when I was chatting with a lady from Ukraine I found out their YMCA was full of volunteers they did not have any paid staff, which was overwhelming to hear escpically as she had been volunteering there for over 10 years and that their YMCA was the only one in Ukraine that owns it's building.

To finish whilst having my breakfast with some retired YMCA members out of the 54 retires that are hear they had over 11,000 years of involvement with the YMCA. Which to me is truly amazing!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment