Thursday 7 July 2011

Dhaka via Mumbai

Hi All,

This is my first experience of blogging and not 100% sure what to say.

It's 7pm the night before I leave my house to fly to Dhaka and I have just realised that this is only in 9 hours....Arghh!! At 4am I will be leaving my house to meet with some colleagues at Heathrow airport before jetting off to Dhaka via Mumbai.

There is so much running through my head at the minute. I have a bit of an OCD in being organised and right now I feel very unorganised. Today has been all about making sure everything was left and prepared in a way for me to pick straight back up when I return.

Every little bit of information I've received has reminded me to take something else with.

Camera...CHECK
Light clothing that's ok for monsoon season...CHECK, I THINK!
All vaccinations taken...CHECK

Right now I am feeling really apprehensive about the whole trip but at the same time really excited. I think my feelings of apprehension will go as soon as I am sat on the plane on my way to Dhaka.

I know the next few weeks are going to be really eye opening and even life changing. I can't wait to share my experiences with family and friends and apply/share my new experiences through my job in the Midlands region.

I really want to thank Jim Jenkinson and Ken Montgomery for everything they have done in enabling me to go to Dhaka. I really can't wait to embrace everything out there and meet and make some new friends in the process.

My next blog will be from the very hot and wet Dhaka! Now I must go and pack my bag!!

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Have a safe journey and looking forward to reading all about your experiences....

    ReplyDelete