Friday 22 July 2011

Almost time for home - Update from Laura

Well, it's coming to the end of our time here. It will be sad to leave because we've all become like a big family, but I am looking forward to returning to England, to see my family, friends, colleagues, young people and get my home comforts back!

This afternoon we shall all spend time doing some reflection on the 2 weeks experience which we shall share tomorrow with the rest of the group before the closing ceremony and departure.

However, I will still have many things to reflect on when I return to work, with the main part being how I can put what I've learnt in to practice in the YMCA community in West Bromwich and I look forward to exploring this this some more.

It's been an amazing experience, one I wont forget, and it's also helped me to value what I have back at home.

1 comment:

  1. Laura you have been an absolute star on your posting, I really hope you ended up having a good time, your posts indicate that you have, and I do know the sort of 'comfort' challenges you have come across. I am sure you will be please to know that while you have been there, the blog posts have been read by 1500 viewers and people from 16 countries have viewed the posts, wonderful...thank you!

    ReplyDelete