Monday 25 July 2011

Day of REFLECTION!



Today was defined by reflecting on all the positive and amazing work every young person put into the YMCA Europe Peace Seminar in Prague 2011! I reflected on many things e.g. All the Laughs, Jokes,The beautiful people,Wonderful Prague and how quick we became a family. I keep looking through all the hundreds of photos I took and they make me feel so many emotions, I feel at PEACE whilst I am looking through them. All the memories of this seminar will be with me forever. I and all of the other young people will still be working and communicating together on our facebook group that is called YMCA Europe Peace Work Seminar Prague 2011.(Click link) http://www.facebook.com/groups/136458056440441

I know I would be answering on everyone's behalf and say, if you ever have the opportunity to attend a seminar in Prague amongst 18 different nations and be so fortunate, then you would be a FOOL to say "NO".

All of us will still be working towards a PEACEFUL future and hoping many others will be too. Once again I am so grateful for everyone who made this happen for me and this has impacted on me so much. "THANK YOU" ("Dekuji" in Czech) I have came away with so much knowledge about all different cultures and how all YMCA's are all so beautifully different in many ways!

I would personally like to say thank you to Ken Montgomery for all the work you have done and into the organising and the blog. Very grateful.

As well to all my NEW family who attended this Seminar;
  1. Adrian Davies
  2. Misha Guskov
  3. Andrada Deatcu
  4. Vardan Hambardzumyan
  5. Amanda Blasius
  6. Solomon B. Samuel
  7. Antti Saarelma
  8. Selma Zaidi
  9. Belen Otero
  10. Michal Szymanczak
  11. Camelia-Adela Padureanu
  12. Martina Hudcovska
  13. Dorina Lluka
  14. Juan Simoes Iglesias
  15. Edita Taida Djakoualnova
  16. Gerard Tosserams
  17. Frah Saeed
  18. Gerhard Gruhler
  19. Ian Boyd
  20. Viktoria Pilinko
  21. Jack Ahearn
  22. Sarah McMunn
  23. Josefina Smolkova
  24. Santiago Negro
  25. Luisine Vardanyan
  26. Sandro Samadbegishvili
  27. Maria Pronina
  28. Qendrim Lluka
  29. Maria Vardanyan
  30. Matthew Cook
  31. Maria Verwoerd

THANK YOU ALL!!!

We will all meet again...

I will leave you with a poem I received from work today and it ties in with all what we work for in PEACE.

Yours

Lewis Barkway North Staffordshire YMCA

1. The version found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Love it ,,,,cheers Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Lewis, keep up the good work n making pple smile.
    the the poem is :)

    ReplyDelete