Sunday 29 June 2014

Just touched down in Denver town...


After a long flight and what seemed like an even longer bus journey I feel so pleased to have finally arrived at World Council.

As someone who isn't particularly keen on flying, I never get excited about my destinations - even ones as beautiful as Estes Park - until I actually arrive. 

However last night the moment I touched down and saw some other members of the delegation I immediately felt the excitement begin. A week long celebration and exploration of all that is wonderful about the YMCA awaited me.

My morning started well and was greeted by Sir Ken on the way to breakfast and managed to get my first selfie of the conference...I'm now watching Mexico take on The Netherlands and it's a pleasure to be around a diverse international crowd. 

The reason I mention the game is because the football match is a good example of how the rest of the week will be; as just like the World Council - we may be hoping for different outcomes -but in the end are here to enjoy and share the experience together.

Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment