Sunday 30 June 2013

No-Way it's Norway! #WorldYMCA

If I may, I will open up this blog with this....

EMPOWERED or what? (Yes a bit of chalk found under a table at 3am in the morning can produce something as artistic as this, also loving the Macbook's)

I am in Norway and nope I am not Norwegian as off yet but I do like the sound of breakfast and lunch being the same mostly everyday...Yummy can't get away from the slice of bread pure genius!

But there I go again rambling on....SO back to the EMPOWERMENT part! This video might do so, for that I am grateful to be a part if it because we are a movement that never stops in the eyes of many and will continue on doing so for years to come. We are the future of LEADERSHIP and a LINK to bind forever faith in global UNDERSTANDING and to IMPACT on LOCAL youth within YMCA England.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Let's go back to Norway now and the experiences I and many others have felt over the last 10 days, yes guys I did say TEN....These lucky ones nowadays exploring the worldwide movement and engaging with passion through their work, who can blame them!??? Ken M?

Me myself and the rude eye! 
Whilst being in Norway since the 20th-30th June through the "Change Agent's" project in connection with the "Global Week" and the "Global TT Festival" I HAVE BASICALLY EXPERIENCED SO FREAKING MUCH (So I do my best for you to digest images and the odd word or two from this blog, to get a insight to my excitement whilst being here and for how much I will takeaway.... =)

Norwegian lock (So exciting) 
And Unlocking all this is when you reflect...
Reflecting, being a part of 10 days that will impact my work life for the greater good and for me then to impact on others, creating a chain of motivation and driving them on to experiences for a better change!

10m what can go wrong? (Norwegian Lake after the Global RUN)
Norway is the wettest of places (maybe only on this experience) but it has so much to give and has such a strong Youth Movement. The power of the KFUK-KFUM (Ywca & Ymca) can be felt and the craze, the passion and the kids have for it is just pleasing on the eye and wonderful to hear!
The actual statement I am in need to make is, they have unlocked a potential that I hope we can, as YMCA England. Creating a focus on positivity and constantly patting them on the back until their cheeks do kill of smiling. Being a part of the Global TT Festival, this being a Young Persons festival as ages of 14-15 going onto having their confirmation and into their summer holidays. It just has the presence of FAITH in the most joyful of ways and the most encouraging FRIENDSHIP.
I made some more unique friendships and also linking from the past, actually the General Secretary of YWCA & YMCA Norway Adelheid Hvambsal who I met in my first ever International experience in Palestine 2010. (Where actually my journey began)

After you jump, be inspired and inspire others to do the same! (Outside the Opera in Norway)
I would say I can fly....(We all should give it ago)

Since being here in Norway, having the odd 2 hour journey to places that blow your mind away and forever will never shut you up because it's something that will change your life, is just a blessing!
 The Global content and physically meeting young people from over the world, over 20+ countries, from the hardship of GAZA YMCA to the newly blossoming KOSOVO YMCA 
in Norway YWCA-YMCA .
(Didn't saying YMCA, YWCA too many times do your head in?) Well I am glad it did not....As we will be out there sooner than later in the peak of our ways and gaining the attention it so deserves from them 58 million people more and so on.
So get the YMCA blood pumping and get out there and search for all our hidden talents within the worldwide movement!

Being a part of something....

"STOP POVERTY" Campaign = We will eradicate poverty by 2030!!!
 Please visit link and find out how and why this is the CAMPAIGN to be apart off;
http://www.kfuk-kfum-global.no/no/English/We+will+eradicate+poverty+by+2030.b7C_wlfW38.ips
We have been working on this throughout the week too and I could explain but I think the website does it for me! So get an insight and meaning of what a BIG challenge it is, but most of all the BIGGEST CHANGE ever to be a part off.
Be this LOGO and be a PART of CHANGING THE WORLD!

And also OUR first ever GOOGLE/Skypey thingy ma jiggy....
(Was a success involving Change Agents)

Resource Group for the Environment (RGE) a part of Y-Action

See below, throughout the week the time we were in Norway (Change Agent's) took part in a first Video call via Google+...It was a real insight to another side to what the YMCA stands for too.

So please spare: 55 minutes & 16 Seconds and embrace the impact and the future of calls!
Or 
Please check this link for more info on their great work:

In this small picture we are doing work!

We work & Train...
Something tells me from all my blog so far it don't show any work, well tadaaar! Here is evidence>>>
Having the inspiration around us, that all the young people within one room want to make an impact on changing for the better makes the project of "Waking the Sleeping Giant up!" becomes much more powerful and determined. 
So the "STOP POVERTY" will gain momentum and create change in 2030, we as "Change Agent's" will implement goals/projects to affect on a local level spreading out across the globe.

It's about the beauty of the EYE and the way you  use them! (Change Agent's Training, Gjovik School)

My farewell from the lens and my tired fingers from Norway....

I have met some fantastic people over these days and been a part of something that I am most grateful to be involved in. Having and sustaining a LINK, GLOBALLY is such a treasured credit to work with. Having the experiences and becoming part of something as leaders and leading onto the next youthful future.
So Norway what of you from the school of Gjovik where we stand most of the time, then few days in Oslo in the youth hostel called "Haraldsheim" to the bonding of young people around the world.
I thank you in all the English ways we do but this time I will leave you with it in Norwegian; 


"takk"
A photo for you to guess where they all are from!!! (Change Agents & Participant's from Global week)

Signing out...Lewis Barkway Ymca North Staffordshire Youth Campus from Norway!

4 comments:

  1. Lewis, absolute superstar, this is not just a blog post, this is a masterclass on how to post to the blog.

    I am delighted that you are gaining so much from such opportunities but I am even more excited to feel the passion you exude and it can be nothing other than stimulating for others to follow your lead.

    As you have referred too a number of times in your post, it is important for us, hopefully through GLYN to find ways of how this passion, learning and understanding can benefit the others we work with!

    Now if this type of post is as a result of engaging with 20ish people in Norway I am almost too excited to imagine what engaging with 5000 YMCA people will result in, after we meet for the Prague 2013 Festival in just 34 days.

    Thumping chest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so am privileged by this comment Ken!
      Through a blog that I was looking forward to doing...I wanted to express my random weird way of powering thoughts in the best feelings I have that is passion.
      So through the delighted words I bleed out now, I will be bleeding them out forever strong and all I can hope is if me or others break this sleeping giants bed, get the attention it deserves that soon will be worldwide with the biggest sense of appreciation from others around us!

      So all I can reply back with is them words above and the last two that is...

      THANK YOU

      (Thump chest twice, Sideways Slice)-forever lasting

      XO

      Delete
  2. Lewis thank you for sharing your journey with everyone. It's truely inspiring to read every word you write, and it's very clear to everyone who reads this that you yourself are empowered.

    It's awesome to see how dedicated and passionate you are in this and you inspire us all.

    And thank you to whoever decided that you would be one of Englands Change Agents - you are perfect for this, and I am greatfull for being a part of this along with you.

    Greetings from your danish friend, Casper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW...Your words are the most uplifting and full of thankfulness! So I bow down to them and appreciate them so much so...

      Thank you for following, even if I blubber on, through pictures and videos show all angles to how we work and how we pursue in the future!

      Long live the inspiring words from all future international world leaders! Naming you in that group brother.

      So be blessed and thank you for blessing!

      See you in Prague 2013...Let's be the best fest, nothing but the BEST! XO

      Delete