Monday 17 June 2013

My Last Blog About my Experience in Ukraine :)

Claire Edensor :)    The Gang we had the pleasure of meeting and getting to no :)


On the study visit I have learnt a lot I have learnt all about the Ukraine YMCA and Moldova and Belarus. It is all very different to here in the UK but there are some similarities such as the way the social services work and how they help children. I have learnt that here in the UK we are very lucky to have what we have as from what I have seen and heard about other places are very short of things. Ukraine have people who are leaving there city to move to other cities where there are jobs and there population in decreasing as many people do not have children as this is expensive and alot of children are being adopted or fostered and getting an education and moving away.

In Moldova their city is very different their YMCA is based around the historical times and they try to bring them times back. They are very physical and really enjoy and respect their marital arts. They try to get young people involved in what they do the best way they can they have a website to encourage young people to join. 10 years ago they had a lot of crime and since then and all the programmes and events they do and get children involved has dropt dramatically. They have 70 professionals who work with them in their sports area. And they are also self-funded and are co-operative with the youth government. They believe that the best way to progress is to through their martial arts YMCA.

In Belarus they only have volunteers who work with them and have to find their own money to keep their YMCA going they also only have one organisation that helps them. They also do not get paid for what they do they all work to the best of their abilities for nothing as they believe to give children help and support even if they do not get a salary. They also did a triangle game with us that they use back in Belarus where, you are in a circle and you have to pick 2 people without letting anyone know and everyone does this and in silence they walk around trying to get a triangle with themselves and the 2 people they have picked. This was a really good way of focusing and using your brain to figure out how you can keep your triangle.

Overall my experience here has been the best of my life I have learnt more than I thought I could. I really enjoyed meeting all the new people and seeing the different schools and colleges and how they work and they are different to the UK. Also the mines I found that really educational because we used to have the mines here in Ashington and I never really new anything about them but now I do. I have really enjoyed this trip and hope we see everyone again.

Blogger out :)


3 comments:

  1. Great Clare, I really like the way you used a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clare, living is Kosovo there is need for income generating projects, my experience from the eastern side of europe is that is we don't adopt this method we may lose a lot of what we do. I'd like to debate this further when we meet but good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks clare. really interesting to hear how other YMCA's work.

    ReplyDelete