Friday 7 June 2013

Last day in Antratsit

I realised that in my last blog I didn't start with explaining who I am or why I'm here... so I''ll do that before I write anything else!

I am a board member for the Northumberland YMCA and was asked by our Chief Exec, Rob, if I would like to join the team on this study visit. I jumped at the chance - I think it's very important for us to make links with other YMCAs across the world and this seemed like an ideal opportunity to do just this. I think the fact that this community is so similar to our own, in terms of it's coal mining history, means that the trip can be even more valuable to us sharing best practice.

So here we are... on our last day in Antratsit! Can't quite believe that this week is almost over, and while I am looking forward to returning to Blighty to share our experience here with the rest of the board, I will be sad to say goodbye to the new friends I have made here. We have learned a lot from each other and will have lots of ideas to take back to our respective YMCAs.

Signing off for now as we set off for Lughansk, our last excursion before returning to Donetsk tomorrow to start our journey home.

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Rachel, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its refreshing to see a trustee being a global link! well done

    ReplyDelete