Wednesday 12 June 2013

Back in London...

Well, we came back home on Sunday night, me personally after 15 hours journey from Donetsk to London, and my colleagues from North probably longer than that. Fortunately I was working late next day so could afford to lay in next morning a bit longer.  After catching up on reports and what went on in my project I was off again on Tuesday to YMCA Dunford house in Haslemere for a housing/maintenance 24 away day. It's rather coincidental than my normal work pattern to travel so much so don't get excited that I'm gliding from one trip to another.

Nevertheless today I'm on my way back to London and have a little window of opportunity to reflect on Ukraine trip. Right now it feels like it had happened a long time ago and not last week. Trip in itself generally was a success. I say that because we worked well together as a group, looked after each other well, met really amazing people and made new friends, visited a very far and deprived part of Ukraine which we wouldn't normally visit, learnt a lot about four different countries and YMCA work in each of them and finally we all took away wonderful memories and fantastic ideas for future cooperation.

In terms of information we received from various presentations, it is still difficult to digest and will probably take a long time to analyze. Fortunately for me that's Adam and Rob`s job. :-) What I want to highlight that we have started conversations where to go from here and how we go about it. So watch this space. I also would like to say that I really enjoyed writing the blogs and thanks to everyone who read it. Hopefully you found them amuzing and entertaining! :-) I'm not saying Goodbye but Arriverdeci!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shamil, thanks for the reflection and in particular, thanks for the blog pposts, they have been very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken, it was a very useful and interesting trip. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to future cooperation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shamil, I'm very surprised and delighted of your visit to Ukraine. I really hope you enjoyed your time there, loved people and country and got some new experience as well. It's amazing that Ukrainian YMCA have a chance to learn from Western colleagues and exchange experience. Well done and looking forward to hear all about it when we see each other next time!

    ReplyDelete