Friday 28 June 2013

Hi All,

Well it’s my first time writing on the blog and as I sit here in ‘Meriden’ in Birmingham Airport with my overpriced Full English Breakfast and Latte I can really start to look forward to the coming days as I head to Berlin for the EU Youth Policy Seminar.
When Ken asked me at the GA back in May if I would be interested I felt really privileged and really excited for the chance to not only learn about Youth Policy and Politics in Europe but also to visit a different country I had never travelled to before!
It will be the first time I meet Alex Taylor in Berlin and I am looking forward to having a chat about all the brilliant work she has been doing at her YMCA and talk about her trip to Northern Ireland and Pakistan. We have sorted out what we are providing for our cultural evening but that can be explained in another blog over the next few days! 
Turning to the Seminar, I don’t necessarily have any background or experience in Youth Policy but as I mentioned in my application and on the Facebook Page I believe Youth Policy and Politics is definitely a subject that I believe not enough young people understand and choose to ignore. It is a subject that with current economic climate more young people need to learn about and that is one of the reasons I chose to attend this seminar to learn more about it and take this back to Worcestershire YMCA.
A personal aim of mine over the coming few months with everything going on across England is to spread the message about Youth Policy, Politics and Democracy in England so that Young people have the chance to understand all aspects of it and not stereotype it as something that they would not enjoy or be able to understand.
This was only a quick post as I am heading to the gate in about 10 minutes but I look forward to the 5 days ahead in Berlin and can’t wait to share my experiences with you all.

Speak Soon!


Tom

1 comment:

  1. wow Tom, what a great first post, seems like a catapiller might just be emerging. looking forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete