Saturday 8 November 2014

Chennai

This trip has been mind blowing experience for me so far and yesterday was no exception!

Well what can I say? A roller coaster of emotions for me - we visited a school for boys and girls run by the YMCA. We arrived at lunch time and they went crazy with excitement  when we walked in! We were greeted with smiles, laughter, politeness and so much more that words and pictures can not capture.

We then went to visit a boys home, and what we experienced there hit us hard. I will try to post pictures later. 

The day ended with a visit to the amazing Chennai YMCA Physical Education centre, I tried very hard to score a couple of hoops  and nearly did with back throw! 

The students all had a fantastic attitude towards life and I felt a real buzz at the college.  The day was rounded off with a amazing welcome and performance from the students, which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and I couldn't stop smiling! Yet another fabulous day in this wonderful country. It's such a privilege seeing the real India.

No comments:

Post a Comment