Sunday 9 November 2014

A week today.....

Well, we have been in India for a week today and I am really struggling to find words to describe the experience I have had. But I can say that it has been the best experience of my life so far.The people we have met have been amazing, friendly, helpful and very understanding when we have all been really tried and not on top form due to a few very early mornings and flights! The welcome we have received from all the projects we have been too has been mind blowing and way way above any expectations.

This evening I went for a walk to do some shopping in Chennai and the only word I can use to describe it is WOW, sooo many people, cars, scooters, noises and smells it was so intense and to be honest, a little bit scary at times as you have no idea what mode of transport is coming at you from any direction! I thought it would be quiet due to it being Sunday here but I ended up in an 11 floor shopping center which was so full with people and their families that you could hardly move or take any time to try and work out what you might have wanted to buy! I will never moan about Colchester town center being busy again!
I realised that we have been some what sheltered from this so far as we have been in a mini bus and had great guidance from local YMCA staff so I think that's why it was even more of a shock and an assault on the senses!

I am off for some chocolate to recover and process my attempted shopping trip. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment