Friday 14 October 2011

On My Way

Task after task after task; at many points today (now yesterday) its felt like the list of things to do would never end. Finally however, with most of the prep out of the way, I can start to anticipate my trip to the EU Youth Strategy Conference in Berlin, Germany. In a few short hours, I and 2 others will depart, and quite quickly arrive at our destination. It being my second global YMCA event, I've some idea to expect; again I'll have the wonderful opportunity to network with our European counterparts, share our diverse experiences and reaffirm once again, that all our work in the community is but part of the collective effort; a finger or a toe on one of many limbs spanning the world.

Still, this time I can't help but feel something about this trip is a little different from my previous experience. When I attended the 17 world council in Honk Kong 2010, I could not escape the feeling that I was about to feed into something which was massive, and intimidatingly impressive. This time, the event feels more like one that will rely much more on us for its success ,which will for our respective national movements, be characterised by how we translate the lessons learned into a real difference on the ground... No pressure eh?!

Despite the frantic week ahead, I can't help but look forward to the interesting people, discussions and experiences awaiting me, and of course, sharing them all with you.

Until then, toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment