Friday 28 October 2011

Hello! Anna checking in here! Well... we have travelled by plane, we have travelled by train, we have travelled by metro, by foot, by bus, by car and by boat! Everyday there is something new and surprises around every corner.

I have learnt so much over the past few days about YMCA'S and youth work in Sweden but also in Ireland and Holland as I chat to the delegates from those coutries.

Today we learnt about the centres in Umeo in the North of Sweden and I was inspired about what they are doing here with refugees and at their summer camps. We also visited a garage where young adults work on apprentiships during the day and where youth can go to in the evening and have workshops.

Tomorrow we are doing a presentation about some of our projects in England. We feel that we have a lot to offer on integraton and how we work with vunerable young people.

We will also find out some more about the World Youth Festival here in 2014 which I am really excited about. If this trip is anything to go by it will be an amazing fesitval.

I'm going to check out now and hang out with my new european friends before I go to bed! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment