Tuesday 28 May 2013

Hi, my name is Beth and I'm 19 years old from Bolton, England. With this being the first blog post I have ever written I'm slightly unsure of what I'm doing, but here goes!
I have been given the brilliant opportunity to visit Ukraine for a week on a study visit whilst I am on my first year placement for Youth Work and Community Development at Bolton YMCA.
 This first blog is just an introduction to the study visit, and a comment on my thoughts and feelings towards it.
 Firstly, I am really really excited! Also feeling pretty blessed that I've been given the chance to experience something like this, especially considering I'm only on the first year of my course. I really can't wait to finally get out there and start learning about their community and the similarities and differences within the organisation in comparison to England.
 I'm also feeling quite nervous as i'm not fully sure what to expect! This is my first international trip with the YMCA (the first of many i hope!), as well as being my first time in Ukraine, so it will be really interesting for me to experience everything that will happen next week!

 As a last note, i would just like to say thank you to everyone involved with this trip and to the YMCA as an organisation for allowing me to experience something as amazing as this.

 YMCA, I owe you one!!!
Beth x

6 comments:

  1. Beth have an excellent time, i look forward to reading your blog and hearing about the study visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't even realize i first posted this without finishing it! like i said, i'm new to blogging!
    Cheers Adi, haha you'll regret saying that when i can't shut up about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to hearing more Beth, I think it is brave of you to be honest about how you are feeling. Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to meeting you Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, there must be something in the air in Bolton that brings the likes of yourself to enhance the YMCA. Your first post is great, loads of people across the world read this blog. I know you will have a wonderful time on the study visit, loads of fantastic people with one thing in common. YMCA! looking forward to hearing your reflections during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Boltonian blog hoo ra! Do us proud lass!

    ReplyDelete