Thursday 30 May 2013

Busy programme and my contribution

It is getting close and exciting! On Saturday morning I will be meeting for the first time with other 8 YMCA reps from England at Heathrow at 7 am (a bit early as have to get up at 5 am to make that time from South London! Grrr... note to Ken - be kind to us next time). Our travel to Kiev and onwards to Donetsk is going to take a whole day so by the time we arrive - we all will be exhausted.

In Donetsk we will be joined by reps from Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova. My impression is that we seem to have an interesting group judged by snipets of information I have been getting from group emails and these blogs. Young and Mature, Experienced in international events and Not so, Russian speakers (me included) and Non Russian speakers, but all eager to get there and share our experiences.

The programme looks very busy. I will have my opportunity to contribute meaningfully after volunteering to co-present in the Project Management section with Rob. Hence I prepared a presentation to cover what West London YMCA, particualrly my project Ealing common all about. Particular focus will be on community fundraising and partnership working. Hopefully it will be interesting and useful for participants.

But before that I have a very busy day tomorrow in London with meetings, appraisal and piano bar event in the West End! Life is exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shamil, great post and thankyou. I am sure the study visit will benefit all those that participate. I note what you say about having to get up early.... the folks from the North will have to leave the day before to get there for 7.00pm but hey ho. Looking forward to hearing what you all learn and experience. Take care.

    ReplyDelete