Friday 31 May 2013

Study visit to Ukraine

Hello everyone.

So this is my first blog post and I guarantee, I'm going to post more blog pieces than Cookie has. So study visit to Ukraine? How quick it's all happened, hit me yesterday when my colleague Sarah, (who came in yesterday after a two week stay in Mexico. They say a week is a long time in politics, in the YMCA youth world, two weeks is a very long time). I explained to her, she'd have to take my place at the Enough IF event in London next weekend (Hi Y-Care team *waving*) as I was off to Ukraine. It's truly been a whirlwind.

How I ended up on this trip is down to Adrian Davies, recommending me for the trip to Ken. I was aware that my BFF Beth Mather was going, I'm thrilled to attend the trip with everyone, but it's nice to have a familiar face there as well.

So the past two weeks have been a blur of youth work, Wrestling competitions and organising the trips to London for Enough IF, the As One festival and Cycling events in Bolton. So it's exciting stuff for us here at Bolton. If it all goes well, then it'll be sumfin sumfin.

On top of my work with Bolton, there has been the impending trip to Ukraine. I was asked if I was excited to go yesterday. I replied "No, not really". I've not really had a chance to think about it all, until today when it hit me. I'm going to the Ukraine tomorrow (Woop Woop) and I'm going to learn a lot, and hopefully Beth and I can bring a lot of what we learn out there back to Bolton. So, no grumpiness is allowed in Ukraine and I'm packed and ready to go.

I'll see you guys on the other side

Chau Gareth

4 comments:

  1. Hello Gareth, great post, interesting to hear the build up for you.I know that you folks from the North will be already on the road and meeting the rest of the english crew at Heathrow in the morning. Safe travels and look forward to hearing how you are getting on during the week through the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa whoa whoa Gaz!
    I'm sorry that I don't post a blog every other week because on a day to day basis Le Rocheton is not that interesting!
    I will be posting a blog tomorrow, I have had enough of all you haters haha!
    I'm sure Ukraine will be a trip and a half, and let them all know Team Bolton mean business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing trip. cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id just like to point out how you ended up on this trip is about your attitude towards the movement and its work. I'm glad to have played a small part but taking opportunities is purely down to individuals

    ReplyDelete