Tuesday 12 February 2013

The gathering of the Clan!

Well the sun almost rose before me this morning, but not quite! It is 7.20am and I have been out to prepare the car to pick up a very special guest after breakfast. Please understand the car is not the toy I have recenly acquired.:)

Yesterday was spent, working in tandum with the giant that is one Romulo Dantas from Brazil and currently Executive Secretary for Youth Emowerment at the World Alliance of YMCA's, meeting and greeting people arriving from across the world to consider the strategic direction of the Global YMCA during the next two years and no doubt beyond. They have come from South Korea, Austrailia, India, Bangladesh,Japan, South Africa, Seiria Leone, Togo, Kenya, Gaza, Palastine, Denmark, Sweden, Neitherlands, Spain, Portugal, Canada, Surianame, Peru, Brazil, Argentina,and England. More will come today.

When the sun arose yesterday I was concerned that at 8.00am, just as the first people started to arrive, the snow started. I thought, 'Please No'!, but I didn't need to worry. It was as if nature had conspired to coat the trees and ground with a freshness that created a chocolate box top scene befitting such a special day and enhancing the sense of 'Welcome to England'.

Time for Breakfast, the clan is gathering, there is a fizz in the air, in just over an hour I will pick up of guest speaker for today. The Rev Dr John Sentamu, Archbishop of York who will speak on the subject of 'Empowerment as a Christian Mission'.

I will seek to share with you how the day progresses!

2 comments:

  1. you manage to capture the mood and excitement beautifully!Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Adi says. Can't wait to hear more...

    ReplyDelete