Saturday 23 February 2013

From Dillon Hall

Hello its Dillon here I am not very good at writing and spelling so here I go. We safely land on Thursday at the Belfast International airport. We then meet Andy and a couple of his friends who give us a lift to the hotel. The drive to the hotel was well funny and I had a good time talking to Andy's friends, we then stopped at Tesco for some supplies, the only thing I bought was skittles and Dr Pepper. Today we went to the Belfast YMCA with Steven and Andy. When we where at the YMCA in Belfast we learned about to two real good programs that where run there, one was youth in government and the other was friends forever. They both seen like really good and I would love to do some thing like that in Northumberland YMCA. After that we went to Green Hill YMCA which to me was awesome I loved that they had volunteers from across the world come to this YMCA. We meet Joe and Sarah, they where both really cool and would love to find away to stay in contact with them if possible. They showed use around the building and ask many questions which we answered. After that we had a talk with the director and Steven about Green Hill and what they do there. After the talk with Steven and Kenny we thought instead of going to have a look around the town that we would stay and do a couple of actives with Sarah and Joe. The first activity was zip lining which at the startIi was bricking it but after the first time going down I loved it in the end I went on it three times, I loved it. The second activity was archery witch I can say I got a little competitive at, but my team won both times and I finally got a bulls eye so happy. At about six Stephen took us out for a lovely meal which I enjoyed very much thanks Steven :). After that we went to Lisburn YMCA where we meet loads of young people and volunteers. We are seeing the difference between the different YMCA I enjoyed talking to the young people and ask their views on their YMCA and what they would like to change about it,most of them said they would like to change the size of their building. I really enjoyed the whole day and I can't thank every one that help out the day enough.

And a big thanks to Ken for bringing us together as a group.:)



There we go this my first blog from Dillon hall, Northumberland Ymca usingRachael's account.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Dillon, seems to have been a good day, meeting people and trying new activities. Looking forward to hearing how today goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dillon your writing style is excellent, so don't worry. You have a way of communicating your experience to the reader which makes it very real and natural. It also made me smile when i was reading about how you felt and the fact you got a bulls-eye! great work!

    ReplyDelete