Friday 27 May 2016

From Bianca

So my week in Kosovo has finally come to an end and I’m back in the comfort of my own home reflecting on all the amazing things we have done. The experience I’ve had has been unreal and definitely life changing despite this being the first of the three trips I have participated in.
My first few days I was a bit apprehensive about meeting new people and going to a country I knew nothing about but as soon as I met everyone I instantly felt part of the team! YMCA Kosovo didn’t seem like much from the outside at first and I was not too sure of what to expect, but when we first entered, my gut feeling had told me this was a place that inspired and meant a lot more to everyone than just a few rooms. As the week went on and we got to meet the different young people who were involved with the YMCA, I was blown away.
I got the opportunity to meet some of the influential people within the world YMCA. Their passion and dedication to the YMCA is incredibly inspiring and I hope one day I can follow in their footsteps and achieve many amazing things like they have done and continue to do.
It was also an absolute honour to get to meet the UK ambassador and other ministers of Kosovo in the capital city! Hearing their views and opinions about the work the YMCA does and how they will support YMCA Kosovo was promising and very positive! Receiving my certificate from the UK ambassador was a very proud moment and one I got to share with my new friends in Kosovo as well as my friends, family and work colleagues back at YMCA Derbyshire.
This trip has reaffirmed my passion for working with young people, especially within the YMCA. My confidence has grown and my dreams I once had to start my own projects can now become a reality through the support of everyone I have met and will continue to meet. I am so proud to have been asked to be a part of this experience and I would not have changed it for the world. I cannot thank the team enough, especially the organisers! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Bianca, great post, it can't have been easy joining a group where everyone else had already met. With saying that they are such an open group you immediately became part of the group. I hope this is the beginning of a new engagement with YMCA.

    ReplyDelete