Tuesday 24 May 2016

From Sam

Today was an emotional experience, meeting the young people of Fushe Kosovo who are on the leadership program level 2 and speaking with them about how they have developed and what their future aspirations are, exchanging hobbies and interests and seeing the similarities between them and us was inspiring. They have achieved so much in such a short time and are continually progressing with their education and finding the time to complete thier leadership program with YMCA in Kosovo. We also had the pleasure of meeting the ambassador of the UK in Kosovo, the Director of Work and Social Welfare and the Director of Youth. We were greeted with powerful quotes and messages from them all and we were praised for our achievements and presented with our Erasmus certificates for completing our Leadership Programme. We were all touched and proud of our journey together and hope to see many young people do the same in future. For me, this has been the best experience I have had in developing my skills and challenging my fears and anxieties, without this programme I would not have met all the inspiring people I have shared my journey with. I now feel I have the ability, skill and confidence to make a change at my local YMCA and be part of an extroadinary movement that continues daily all over the world. I feel proud to be part of such a huge community and without the opportunity I wouldn't be where I am today. Peace, unity and friendship always, Smahan Soussi. 

1 comment:

  1. Great Post Sam, thank you for all you have contributed to the programme. When you your input is rewarded by what you gain in return.

    ReplyDelete