Friday 2 October 2015

Ocean dream global gathering

OCEAN DREAM
15O change Agents over 60 countries I ‘m one of lucky ones in 6 resenting my National YMCA England and my Local YMCA Thames Gateway. First day was great atmosphere all Change Agents introduce them self’s.  We did few games from our countries great fun.




We were divided in three of groups. Group A is the small group which was to recap on the topics we learnt and present our ideas. We had have meeting with everyone in our group. We had roles in our group e.g. time keeper, someone taking notes and Facilitator and rotate the roles so everyone had a turn for each role. Group B we have to get involved with activities. My group was the Morning Show 2. Morning Show 2 we had to recap the day before we have learnt also entertains everyone in the morning for e.g. quiz or games.
Before we lefted for Japan everyone on the was invited for the Peace Boat orientation. One of the Change Agents Maria gave a speech about youth empowerment “I want to start by asking you: Why are we here? Why are we part of the YMCA CA program? Why is it important to empower young people?”
We had to attend all nations’ party. All change agents had to wear something traditional from their country. To be honest couldn’t think I could wear from England I choose to wear a normal suit . but was great good music very interesting outfits

The topics we covered before the Philippines were untold story of youth injustice our community based on what young are not allowed to do in community or country. We look at Facilitation, how to facilitate in a group and what is difference between Facilitation and presentation. Strategic planning which was very important topic because it good method structure your goals for long period not just YMCA use this a lot for future projects e.g. Values, purpose, situation, strategies, goals and perception. We talked about Advocacy which included Health, Civic engagement, Environment and Employment.
Employment is probably one of most common global issue. The global economy will need to create more than 600 million productive jobs over the next decade. We took part on leadership exercises. We were puts groups and talk about leadership. We looked at motivations quotes about leadership.
Other topic we looked at was communication. What the best ways of communication for e.g. blogs Skype and social network. The keys things we had to discuss were, how to present yourself as a CA, how to engage people with ideas, how to influence people. We did Personal planning for our future what do we what achieve and skills do need to work on.

Philippines Experience

Group Challenge this group was for the university in the Philippines to talk the Injustices in our country and there’s. We talk about we do as YMCA movement, the Change agent model – SPACE-TRANSMATION- IMPACT.  We visit to a university in Cebu between  15- 30 years year old students.
University was amazing experience never been a place where people so happy to see you. On a  personal level made me change person looking at life in different prospective , appreciate what got in life , how lucky I am be in this position. Also taught me even giving little bit can make huge impact someone life. Read about poverty and seeing on the news to actually have it right front of your face did make me express my emotions which I really known not to do and i known that hush reality as people have accepted we don’t live in a perfect world. I am going work a lot hard to give back .




After that we went to culture festival where some of our Change Agents perform a dance routine from their countries front of the university students. We stay at local YMCA for night next morning I took feeding the homeless.it was great experience seeing them happy faces. My group visited a rehabilitation centre. I find very interesting because in my job I work with special needs. The technology very advanced I walked in to a class where visual impaired people taking exam by using machine also taught how give a massage. Philippines is amazing country and I have a lot respect for Philippines people because doesn’t matter how bad they situation is they such kind people.



The remaining days we look at Risk assessments, Fundraising, the overall Project, Power space and One million voices. I was selected to be interview for one million voices. We attend musical show on the peace boat.  myself other changes agents took part in. We perform a dance based we do a YMCA movement to Japaneses. 
 







My reflection
I believe better understand culture differences learn how different YMCA work. My goals changed if you asked me a year ago where I want to be next to 5 or 10 years couldn’t give you an answer now  could say maybe CEO or taking part helping the next generation of young people in a movement. I have decide get more involved with young people doing youth work. I am becoming more confident in myself taking leadership role. I am detriment work as hard I can to be successful change agent hopefully by working with other England change agents and other internationals. 

There was quote I heard made me really think about the change agent program “if you want to travel fast then travel alone. If you want to further then travel together” simple quote but had a lot of meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment