Saturday 22 August 2015

Winding down after Poland

"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."

-- Dr Seuss 

It's all over. I'm surrounded by a mountain of luggage, laundry and a load of duty free, having stumbled through the door of my home back in England. It was a fairly easy trip, nothing to report and I am looking forward to some much needed sleep.

There aren't words to describe how much of an amazing experience I had in Poland. Following the presentations, people took to the great outdoors, participating in social outreach, worship and Ultimate Frisbee, not to mention the absolute plethora of dancing sessions. I never thought I'd dance and even now I am propelled into a state of disbelief at the idea, but I've somehow learned three in the space of a week. My feet are on fire.



Having said that, I am inspired.

It goes to show God does powerful things and is an advocate of change. Bringing people together is the crux of it, but the whole point of this trial is to prove that no worship is confined just to hymns and fanciful buildings. Young people can lead in new, innovative and creative ways, sharing lives, life skills, stories.

What can I say? I'm just excited to expand the movement, doing my bit to try and promote #youthUNIFY as well as God and the incredible people that are behind it.


I'm going to miss this quirky bunch, but the future is feeling bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment