Thursday 13 August 2015

Poland 101

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” 

-- Douglas Adams


People ask me how I managed to end up going to Poland for this conference, and they expect my answer to involve some kind of whirlwind adventure. The truth -contrary to all that - is it just...happened, and it happened so quickly that I'm still sort of in disbelief that I'll be heading for the airport in less than 12 hours. 

God can be a bit weird like that sometimes, but then again, since when has he acted with any semblance of normality?  It's that sort of "out of the box" thinking that makes God the powerful force that God is. 

That's just my opinion anyway.

But I digress...this is supposed to be my "test post" so that when I click that carrot-coloured 'publish' button, it confirms that my colleagues and I will be able to ramble on here about all the bits and pieces that happens while we're out at this conference. 

I can say I'm a lot more excited than I am nervous and I think I owe this to the fact that I travel a lot. I'm also eager to do some good work for the community there and here back at home as well. 

All I can do is try to follow God's example, pray a bit and get inspired while I'm at it.

I'm Adam. Nice to meet you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, great 'test' post. If this is a test I am really looking forward to your posts while at the Unify Conference in Poland.
    I am Ken, pleased to meet you Adam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Ken. It's great to know people are reading my rambles. It's been an incredible trip so far, but remembering names has been the biggest challenge.

      I hope you are well.

      Delete