Saturday 2 March 2013

Sinrise comes early

For the first time in a long time it has happened. The sun has risen before me!

Well I am writing a blog post so it must mean I am not at home because the blog is intended for people to post real time experiences when they are on International programmes organised through YMCA England.

It is 7.30am (6.30 UK time) and I am writing from my Hotel room in a little known town called Litomysil in Eastern Bohrminia(Czech Republic).

I traveled to Prague on Thirsday and had a meeting with some YMCA staff about sourcing items for sale at our YMCA Festival which will be held in Prague later in August.

Had a quiet evening in Prague Thursday evening and then set out on an adventure early Friday morning. Taking the train (2hours) to a place called Ceska Trebova from where I caught a bus to take me to my destination.

There I checked into a hotel where not only the internet access was free, the wine in the bar in the evening was also free!

I am at a YMCA meeting discussing how we can strengthen the YMCA National Movements across Europe to enable them to more adequitely enable them to serve the young people in communities across the continent. We are a small group consisting of representatives from Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Iceland, Scotland, Armenia and England.

At our meeting yesterday we discussed how the YMCA Movement across Europe meets in General Assembly, how we fundraise and how we remain true to our mission.

Today we will have further discussions about Young people's empowerment, how we work in diverse communities and plans for our Festival in Prague were we hope to have some 10,000 young people from around the world at a gig that will offer some life changing experiences for young people.

Breakfast and the start of a whole new day is calling, so this is Ken, viewing the local Castle from my hotel window in Eastern Bohemia signing off.

1 comment:

  1. great blog Ken, bit of a result finding free WiFi and wine hope you have noted the name!!!! have a great meeting and is great to hear that remaining true to our mission is a focal point.

    ReplyDelete