Sunday 29 January 2012

India here I come

Well, the time has come for me to pack up, sort the little things and prepare for the airport as I start a whole new adventure in my life.

I shall be leaving for India tomorrow for 14 weeks to take part in the School of Peace in Bangalore. This is some thing I got to have a taster of in Bangladesh last year and loved it. Despite all my fears (and there has been some mad fears and rational fears) I know I will love every minute.

I feel extremely lucky to have this opportunity, to go to India and to work with fantastic friends I have met before and what I am sure will be amazing friends for the next 3 and a bit months. To have this opportunity after previous ones within the YMCA, I seriously couldn't wish for a better job. I have not been able to do this on my own, thanks to all those at ICF for offering me a place, Ken for helping me to get there and all the staff at Tees Valley YMCA for their amazing support.

It is terrifying to think I will not see people that I know, things that I know and my routine will be completely different, the unknown is scary! There is nothing like jumping out of your comfort zone! I will miss England and the people here but I am sure the time will fly and I will be home before I know it, if I can drag myself away (knowing me, I won't want to leave).

That's all for now, keep tuned for more posts.

See ya

3 comments:

  1. ken.montgomery@england.ymca.org.uk30 January 2012 at 07:54

    Safe travels Rachel, be sure to keep well.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het Rachel, I was lucky to visit India in 2005 with the YMCA and was only 17! It is definitely daunting going over somewhere at first but you sound like myself when you say that you won't want to leave! Throw yourself right in and have an amazing time!

    There will be many that will enjoy hearing about your experience so try to update when you can!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete