Sunday 5 November 2017

Refuelled and ready to go

I’m currently sat on a plane on my way back to London after a few days at World YMCA’s Strategy Delivery Summit.

I won’t lie to you, the few months haven’t been easy for me, both in terms of work and personally. I’d started to question where next, or even if there was a next.

But sat here reflecting about the last few days, I feel as high as the 39,000 feet up I am now.



We received updates on the progress being made at a global level against our strategy, some best practice models being developed, learnt about our visibility in the media globally, and heard about the plans for World Council and a new Secretary General.

I want to be part of a movement that has a vision and is taking steps to reach, empower and mobilise many more of the 1.8 billion young people living across the world today.

To take those next steps, I think we need to challenge our understanding of this generation, go deeper in understanding young people, and then be bold and innovating in speaking out on the issues that matter to them in the spaces they operate and live in.

Armed with a renewed sense of just how amazing our movement is, some emerging ideas of how we turn our aspiration into action, a list of contacts from amazing colleagues around the world, (and some new pin badges), I feel refuelled and ready to go again.

Lets make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment