Sunday 24 November 2013

Social Transformation. Community. Diversity. Youth. Impact. Focus. Change.

At a time where cuts are looming, the government is changing, communities are feeling let down and young people the future but not taken as it the two words of ‘Social Transformation’ could not be any more relevant to myself at the moment in many different aspects and for many different reasons.

When I received the email from Ken about this seminar I jumped at the opportunity. I couldn’t think of anything more relevant to my work in the current climate and for my YMCA in Worcestershire.

I will be blogging throughout the week but there are 6 documents in the picture below that I will be reading, scanning and taking in every last bit of as I make my way to Poland at 7.15am tomorrow morning. 6 documents that are very important to me but also my YMCA and everyone associated with it.

This seminar for me will be a chance to share ideas, learn new skills and knowledge but most importantly how can social transformation impact on my work, my YMCA and my local area but how does my work, my YMCA and my local area impact on the other 37 people I will meet in Gdansk. Now that is an amazing prospect that I cannot wait to find out.

 

1 comment:

  1. Tom, I am reminded by your comments about the magnitude of the potential impact of 37 young leaders from across Europe comming together in Poland to consider social transformation in local communities. It is my view that we lost our way when we danced to those who payed the piper without having concidered our dance and thereby became less agile in our responses to needs on the ground. The passion that is raw within the thinking of you guys gathering in Poland can change and challenge the tune. I look forward hearing what this week brings through your posts and those of others. The learning that is within the participants grasp has the potential to conjour a whole new tune.

    ReplyDelete